Friday, September 2, 2011


No one knows where the ladder goes
You're gonna lose what you love the most
You're not alone in anything
You're not unique in dyin'.

It's strange to know every now and then
Fall asleep reading science fiction

I wanna fly in your silver ships!
Let Jesus hang, and Buddha sit

It's on now
The days are long now
The ups and the sundowns, and the twisted minds

If i've got to go first, i'll do it on my terms
I'm tired of the traitors, always changing sides

They were friends of mine.


Don't hang around once the promise breaks, you'll be there when the next one's made.
Kiss the feet of a charlatan.

Some imagined freedom.

All the rest is predictable.
You can say you're the fist to know.
Bought a mantra to concentrate: Car alarm or hissing snake.

I know now, how it's gonna turn out
You've gotta calm down
Or I'll lose my place

Gotta get to the centre
Gotta get to the concert
Run off with a dancer, gonna celebrate.

Welcome the new age!
covered in warrior paint!
lights from the jungle,
to the sky!

see now a star's born,
looks just like a blood orange!

don't it just make ya, wanna cry?
precious friend of mine.






Will I know when it's finally done?
This whole life's a hallucination.



You're not alone in anything.



You're not alone in trying
to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment